Showing Tag: "taxes" (Show all posts)

How can I get my taxes done for free?

Posted by NWA VISTA on Friday, October 15, 2010,

Get your taxes done for FREE check out



3) The IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) and the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) Programs offer free tax help for taxpayers who qualify (all VISTAs qualify for this service). 

Trained community volunteers may help with special credits, such as Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, and Credit for the Elderly or the Disabled. In addition to free tax r...

Continue reading ...

Where do I get my W-2/W-4/W-5?

Posted by NWA VISTA on Friday, October 15, 2010,

Refer to VISTA Member Handbook: Chapter 2: Overview of Your Year in AmeriCorps VISTA

W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Form. Complete the W-4 Form to establish income tax withholding for your year of service.
W-5 Earned Income Credit Advance Payment Form. If you are eligible for an earned income tax credit, complete a W-5 Form (see Chapter 5).

Visit the my americorps website ( and log in to make sure you have filled out these forms completely. If you ...

Continue reading ...
FAQ - NewEducationPolicy.pdf FAQ - NewEducationPolicy.pdf
Size : 35.752 Kb
Type : pdf
Make a Free Website with Yola.